Papua Red and White Components
By: Faisal Narwawan I
PAPUAinside.com, JAYAPURA — The Indonesian Red and White Front (Barisan Merah Putih – BMP) component in Papua issued a statement regarding commitment to oversee all the policies of the Indonesian government. They conveyed 7 points as position of their commitment.
Joined in these components, namely, Yonas Nusi as the Leader of the Indonesian Red and White Line (BMP), Yanto Eluay as the Chairperson of the Presidium for the Men and Women of the Pepera Fighters (P5), Jan Christian Arebo as the Head of the Papuan Indigenous Youths, Max Abner Ohee the Chairperson of the Papua BMP, Nico Mauri as Chairperson of the Regional Plenary Council (Deparda) of Papua Province, Hendrikus Eben Gebze as a South Papuan Indigenous Community, Jack Puraro as Head of the Jayapura Youth Movement and Rando Rudamaga from the DPP Masirei Forum.
This association is an organization of loyal fighters guarding the ideology of Pancasila which is part of the Red and White Components of the Republic of Indonesia in Papua.
The statement of attitude was read out by Yonas Nusi, Friday (19/02/2021) afternoon. The statement of commitment is as follows:
- We, the sons and daughters of the Indonesian Red and White Components in Papua, are committed to protecting the sovereignty of the Republic of Indonesia together with the TNI and Polri from Sabang to Merauke.
- We, the sons and daughters of the Indonesian Red and White Components in Papua, continue to provide support for every government decision where discussions on the Revision of Law no. 21 of 2001 or the Special Autonomy Law and still maintaining the basic rights of the Papuan people as mandated in the law referred to.
- We, the sons and daughters of the Indonesian Red and White Components in Papua, ask the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Ir. Joko Widodo (Jokowi), in order to form a special Autonomy Fund Management Independent Institution separate from the APBD.
- We, the sons and daughters of the Indonesian Red and White Components in Papua, fully support the policy of the central government which has received the aspirations of the people from various regions, for there is a policy of provincial expansion and can also be accommodated for the expansion of City Regencies in accordance with existing proposed expansion documents
- We, the sons and daughters of the Indonesian Red and White Companions in Papua, call on all Papuan people everywhere not to be provoked by news news that comes from individuals or parties who want to break the defense of the unity and integrity of the nation’s children and appeal to the Indonesian National Police, to act decisively in enforcing the law in accordance with the prevailing laws and regulations.
- We, the sons and daughters of the Indonesian Red and White component in Papua, fully support the TNI and Polri to pursue and arrest the Armed Separatist Criminal Group (KKSB) which has resulted in the loss of victims from both the civilian and the TNI-Polri.
- We, the sons and daughters of the Indonesian Red and White Republic in Papua, support law enforcement officials to take firm action against officials or whoever is the perpetrator or anyone who misuses the Special Autonomy funds which results in state losses which impact on instability in the Papua region.
Regarding this, Yanto Eluay explained that regardless of the pros and cons of expansion, actually the expansion of Papua land was based on the government’s goal of agreeing with the aspirations of the people with the existence of a new autonomous region.
“This is for the welfare of the community and also for the peace of the community, for the benefit of society and for no other purpose. The essence of this expansion is to bring government services closer to the community, “he said.
He also asked every figure in Papua not to express their opinion or personal attitude as if it were the attitude of the whole Papuan people.
“We really appreciate the central government for this. To all figures I want to convey, do not generalize that your statement is the statement of all the Papuan people, “he stressed.
He also asked the central government to no longer ignore the leaders of the customary law community. According to him, customary community leaders have binding rights. “We both have the responsibility to maintain the peace of our customary territory,” he concluded.
Yonas Nusi said, a special Autonomy Fund Management Independent Institution, separate from the APBD, needs to be done, in order to oversee the Special Autonomy Fund to the people.
“This is important because it will oversee structured funds from the Palace to the villages,” he said again.
In addition, Max Abner Ohee added that he asked those who exploit Papuan issues for their own interests to stop. “The Indonesian National Police will take their data and enforce the law so that they stop,” he said.
Jack Puraro as the Head of the Jayapura Youth Movement stated that the 7 points conveyed were the thoughts conveyed by all the people who wanted to live in peace.
“I want to convey that the state is more assertive and uses its power to take action that provokes and destabilizes security in Papua,” he explained.
The same thing was also conveyed by Nico Mauri, he invited all components in Papua to support the government in developing Papua.
On that occasion, Jan Christian Arebo asked the government for serious attention regarding the situation of social security in Intan Jaya. “So there is serious attention from the Papua Provincial Government, don’t just hope for the TNI-Polri,” he said.
He also asked that no person outside Papua should talk about Special Autonomy and expansion in Papua, because there are already those who accommodate it. **
Papua Red and White Components news source: PAPUA INSIDE
This Blog has gone through many obstacles and attacks from violent Free West Papua separatist supporters and ultra nationalist Indonesian since 2007. However, it has remained throughout a time devouring thoughts of how to bring peace to Papua and West Papua provinces of Indonesia.